Magic may have lost its exclusive claim on now-you-see-it-now-you-don’t when Apple rolled out the virtual keyboard on the iPhone. With a prolonged tap of your finger-shaped wand, you can summon dozens of special symbols and accented characters from beneath select keyboard keys. You can also augment your primary keyboard with one or several other keyboards to get even more exotic characters and symbols, even emoticons.
Learn how easy it is to beckon unusual characters and symbols on your iPhone in the short article I’ve written on “How to Get More Characters on iPhone,” published in the Tech Tips section of Salon.com. Whether you use a charmed finger tap on your main keyboard or an auxiliary one, you’ll enjoy them VOILÀ — complete with an obligatory grave accent on the a.
- How to Get More Characters on iPhone (techtips.salon.com)
- Mastering The iOS Keyboard On Your iPhone And iPad [Feature] (cultofmac.com)
- How To Change Your Keyboard Language Or Set Up Multiple Keyboards (appadvice.com)
- How to set up speech and emoji on your iPhone (macworld.com)
Excellent ebook on the subject
iPhone characters and symbols apps rated four to five-stars
- Characters 2012 – extra symbols, emoji and ascii chars
- Emoji 2 Color Text Characters Symbols & Rage Comics GIFs Images Animations
- Cool Writer – Awesome writing & note taking app with a variety of great features